Sunday, November 28, 2010

DIY Be Merry Sign!

Happy Sunday y'all! Did you make through Thanksgiving without gaining 10lbs? I don't think I did...lol! But now that Thanksgiving has passed & we have all lived through another Black Friday to tell about it, that means Christmas is upon us! Woo-Hoo! I am soooo psyched for Christmas this year, probably since I have more time than ever before to really focus on the holiday. And since I have some more time on my hands, I figured I would whip up a little Christmas cheer with an easy to craft (you can find most of the products in the Your Memories Here Store!) sign & share it with y'all!

This little sign, believe it or not, was a mere dusty leftover cabinet door sitting in the garage until a few days ago! I simply dug it out, unscrewed the handle & hinges, and then spray painted it black everywhere but where I knew my paper would be. After it was completely dry, I Mod Podged this beautiful diecut piece of Prima paper (which I had used black ink on to distress the edges) to the board. Next, I used some Prima crystals to outline the bird & a swirl to define a branch. Then, I used some black Tattered Angels cardstock (from the Spooky Findings kit) & my Cricut to cut the phrase. I used some silver ribbon to tie on some vintage jingle bells & then hot glued some black ribbon to hang it up with. I added a vintage black button to the center of the bow & for the finishing touch, spritzed it with some Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist in Pearl for a lovely, subtle shimmer. I just loved how it turned out!!

So, do you have some old boards or cabinets lying around your house? If so, dust them & create a simple but fun Christmas sign. It's so easy & will add the perfect touch to your holiday themed decor! And, if you want some fabulous holiday inspiration, make sure to check out the Your Memories Here DT blog!!

Make sure to visit the Your Memories Here Store for all your crafty needs...right now there is a fabulous clearance sale going on plus some awesome holiday/winter themed products you'll love! You can even add some of them onto your Christmas list! Until next time, Happy Craftin'!!

I'm also linking my crafty holiday decor up to some linking parties that rock...so check them out!

TELL ME TUESDAY @ VINTAGE POLLYANNA

HookingupwithHoH

Show and Tell Green

Photobucket




No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails