Tuesday, March 30, 2010

A Shabby Spring Wreath!

Hello again! I guess my crafty mojo is back because I have been on a roll lately! Thank goodness! I think a lot of it though has to do with the weather...it has been so beautiful here the past few days and I am just so happy that Spring is finally here! Which is why I decided to whip up this shabby chic wreath and share with y'all!

I have to say I love how this turned out all vintage shabby chic and most of all I love it because it practically didn't cost anything! The only item I purchased was the wreath form and the ribbon, both for $1 at Dollar Tree! Everything else I had on hand. I had some vintage dress patterns on hand from Gauche Alchemy, as well as some Vintage sheet music. You can find the old dress patterns at your local thrift store. I have seen them around mine for less than a quarter a packet! Or, you can always get some by ordering one of GA's awesome kits! I free hand cut a lot of circles out of the dress patterns, then hot glued them on individually. I did this by putting a pencil (eraser end) in the center of the circle, folding the circle around itself, added a dab of hot glue to the bottom where it met the pencil, and then attached it to the wreath. The great part about it all was that none of it had to be perfect! It gave it some character and added to the shabbiness of the whole project if some of the circles weren't perfect.

After the wreath was assembled, I spritzed it with some Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist (which I totally heart!) and set it aside to dry. I then pulled out my Cricut and used the Indie Solutions cart to cut my butterflies out of the vintage sheet music. After they were cut, I inked the edges with some Autumn Leaves Topaz ink and hot glued those to the wreath. I gathered my ribbon, cut my length, and hot glued that on as well!

However, I am undecided about one thing! I am not sure if this cutie needs a bow or not? What do you think? Should I add one at the top where the ribbon attaches to the wreath? Or, should I leave it as is? Oh, and see that lovely old rocking chair in the background of my photo? Yep, that is one of my future projects! I want to repaint it a nice, antique white with some mild distressing. I have had the poor thing for over a year sitting on my front porch after picking it up at a antique sidewalk sale for less than $5! Maybe I will get a chance to do that this weekend! Currently I have this chair, three tables and a bench that need to be refinished. But first, I have to work on several Design Team projects for this week...so check back in soon for some more projects! Happy
Scrappin'!
~ps~ i am linking this up to DIY Day at A Soft Place to Land & Blue Cricket Design if you have never checked out these sites...please do so because they are awesome!



"A Proud member of The Lime Light. Click on over to see what we are doing."

1 comment:

Mary Beth @ Live. Laugh. Make Something said...

absolutely adorable! great job! I dropped in from Blue Cricket. Hope to see you back at my place soon! until later...

Related Posts with Thumbnails