Sunday, September 26, 2010

Love Deeply - Vintage Framed Quote

Happy Sunday everyone! Hope everyone is having a fab weekend...me, I am planning on watching some football with the hubby today & enjoy the fall weather that has finally found its way to our area! I also want to share with you my crafty little project for this week featuring some Prima, Tattered Angels, & SEI products that can all be found in the Your Memories Here Store!

I have this lovely vintage frame a friend gave me & I try to do something different with it for each season. (you can click here to see the design i did for spring.) For fall, I decided to focus on some blues, greens & browns & this beautiful quote in my stamp stash that I adore. I love this quote because it reflects the love that my family shares & our belief that in our home, love can heal all things. All of the paper I used is by SEI, except the green scallop edged paper which is left over Prima packaging...I love re-using my packaging - especially Prima's since it is always so gorgeous! I used my Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist on the entire project & it all has such a lovely shimmer to it, especially the butterfly which I sprayed with some Pearl Glimmer Mist.

The butterfly is probably my fav detail on this project & it is a gorgeous Prima stamp that I double stamped, cut out, & pop dotted for a great 3-D effect. The ribbon, crystals, pearls, leaves & roses are also all by Prima. For the curly vines on the roses, I simply snipped off the wire from each flower & wound it around a pencil. Then, I tugged on it gently to give it some length & adhered with some Aileen's Fast Grab Tacky Glue...which is amazing! The ribbon was a cream color, but I just used my Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist to make it fit my project...which is why I am crazy in love with my glimmer mist. I can use it on products I already have to suit what my needs are vs. always buying new products. How cool is that?! I also used some rub on butteflies in my stash to finish up the project..they seemed to add the right finishing touch!

Thanks so much for taking the time out to check out my project - and hanging with me through a lengthy post since I can get pretty wordy at times! LOL! Also, please make sure to check out the YMH Store for all your crafty shopping needs! There really are some fabulous items there at very amazing prices...plus some new items are in stock & they are super fun! Happy Scrappin'!

3 comments:

Kristina said...

Gorgeous Crystal! A wonderful home decor piece.
Hugs

Sammye Jo said...

LOVE this! So pretty!!!

laterg8r said...

so pretty, great use of prima packaging :D

Related Posts with Thumbnails