Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Home Is Where the Heart Is...


Hey y'all! Hope everyone has been enjoying some fabulous early spring weather like we have. Seriously, it has been just beautiful in central Oklahoma lately! And like I told y'all earlier, all this lovely weather has put me in a springy-type of crafting mood. So here I am again this week sharing a spring inspired project for Your Memories Here! I don't do much mixed media type art, but this week I thought - bring it on!


I decided to create a wall hanging using some wonderful Prima products. I just love, love, love this paper!! YMH has a fabulous selection of Prima papers, ribbon, bling, stamps, kits and more that you can check out RIGHT HERE! I did use a template for the house, but all the items are hand cut and I had so much fun creating. It really got me out of the craft funk I've been in and helped re-energize my mojo! I'm also thinking that I might create a pretty wreath and use this in the center of it. Not sure yet, but if I do, I'll make sure to share it with y'all! Oh, and are those two lil' chip board birdies covered with music notes not darling?!


Supplies
Patterned Paper/Flowers/Rhinestones - Prima
Distress Ink - Tim Holtz/Ranger
 Tiny Type - Cosmo Cricket
Cardstock - The Paper Studio
Letter Stickers - Echo Park
Chipboard Embellishments - American Crafts
Large Chipboard Heart - Heidi Swapp
Ribbon - May Arts
Baker's Twine - The Twinery
Scallop Punch - Stampin' Up
Adhesive - Glue Glider Pro, Pop Dots, Aileen's Fast Grab Tacky Glue


Well, I hope you liked my project and it inspires you to create some crafty goodness of your own. In the meantime, hop on over to the YMH DT Blog for even more terrific inspiration HERE. And for some great prices on amazing goodies, check out the YMH Store RIGHT HERE. You will be so happy that you did! Well, I'm off to juggle the rest of the week and try to get some crafting in too. My mother had knee replacement surgery, I've got a parent/teacher conference tonight, kiddo is still having physical therapy on his shoulder, the hubby's big 4-0 birthday is Thursday and then the entire family is coming for Easter...whew! Ya know, sometimes life just isn't the same (or as fun!) unless it's crazy - LOL! ;0)
Until next time, Happy Crafting!!

I'm also entering my mixed media piece in the following fun challenges!

Lexi's Creations - Focus on the Sentiment
Southern Girls - Something to Say
Inspire Me Fridays - Inspiration Link Party
Party Time Tuesdays - Flowers
Delicious Doodles - Texture
Kaboodle Doodles - Anything But a Rectangle
Paper Crafting Journey - Photo Inspiration (inspired by the Spring feel!)
Stamp, Scrap & Doodle Saturdays - Spring (yay - lol!)
Inky Impressions - Flower Power
Catch the Bug - Easter or Spring Theme (again, yay Spring!)

12 comments:

Unknown said...

this is so cute. love the colors. thanks for sharing.

Kathleen (Kath) B. Hernandez said...

What a wonderful spring creation! Thanks for joining us at Kaboodle Doodles’ “Anything but a Rectangle” Challenge!

Kath
Blog: Creo by Lady Katutz
http://creobyladykatutz.blogspot.com/

Kerry said...

Beautiful. Thanks for joining us at Inky Impressions.
Kerry

nancyparker55 said...

This is so cool. Great project. Thanmks for joining in the fun t Kaboodle Doodles.

Heather D. ~ Fresh Brewed Designs said...

OH MY CUTENESS!!! Oh I love this Crystal!!! Adorable in so many ways... and it just reaches out and hugs your heart. Lovely lovely lovely!!!

Big Smiles!
Heather

Lin said...

Maybe you should do more of this type of thing cos this is gorgeous!

Thanks for joining us atLexi's Creations.

Lin xx

Just A Pac Rat said...

Super cute card, love the coloring on it. Thanks for joining us at SSDS. Good Luck!

Just A Pac Rat
http://www.circlebenterprises.com

Julie said...

Ohhhhh Crystal, I adore your beautiful wall hanging, it's inspirational! Thanks for having something to say to the Southern Girls. Hope to see you again next time,Julie.x

Laura (sandytoz) said...

Crystal,
Beautiful card.
Thanks for playing along with us at Paper Crafting Journey!
Looking forward to seeing more of your work!

Love, Laura PCJDT

Teri said...

Lovely wallhanging with some yummy textures hun. Perfect for our 'Texture' challenge at Delicious Doodles. Thank you for joining in! Good luck with the draw.
Hugs,
Teri x

Croms' Cubby Hole said...

Gorgeous wall hanging and so many textures here :) Thank you for sharing this with us at Delicious Doodles' Texture challenge

Sharon Fritchman said...

Your mixed media piece is absolutely adorable! Good luck with the challenges!!!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails