Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Something Beautiful - Scrapsketch DT Layout

The Scrapsketch DT is taking the month off for December due to the holidays, but Stephanie is still issuing a sketch here and there to play with! She is so sweet and her sketches are great...including this one which was so much fun!

I really enjoyed creating this layout. It took me awhile to get it all figured out the way I wanted it, but I like how it turned out! The photos are from my sweet mom in law's house last Christmas. Her house is always beautiful and each year we stay the night Christmas Eve and stay Christmas Day too. Hubby's sister and her family comes to stay as well. We stay up late eating and watching movies, then wake up Christmas day to open presents. Andy's dad always makes sausage gravy & biscuits for breakfast and then we usually have brisket for Christmas lunch. We stay fat, sleepy and happy all day! I wanted to capture that tradition in this layout.

I believe the papers I used for this are by Elsie. I am not sure as they came in a bundle from the LSS fall garage sale. The flowers are canvas ones by Foof-a-la that I distressed with Autumn Leaves ink in topaz. I then layered them & added some vintage buttons. The chipboard monogram "C" sticker is also by Foof-a-la and the epoxy stickers are by Horizon. The flowers are Prima and I used a skittle as the center. The gathered ribbon is by Fiskars and I am not sure what brand the ornament is. The silver button is a vintage one from stash, as is the domino. The ruffle I made with a dress pattern from the Gauche Alchemy Lady Marmalade kit, and the twine is also by GA. The metal clip is SU, the journaling tag is Heidi Swapp, & the felt asterisk is an AC Thicker. The sheet music was sent to me and I fell in love with it...been saving it for something special to me like this!

If you get a chance, hop on over to Scrapsketch and check out Stephanie's latest sketch. It is a fun one as you can see and a couple of other DT members who have played with it have their layouts up as well. I hope to be back again tomorrow with some more holiday themed crafty goodness! Happy Scrappin'!


"A Proud member of The Lime Light. Click on over to see what we are doing."

3 comments:

laterg8r said...

love all the ephemera on this one :D

Lori said...

Thanks for visiting and entering my blogcandy! I'm very happy to be connected with you :D

Merry Christmas and big hugs ~ Lori

Leah said...

Love this! That music sheet is perfect and I love all the little details. Be sure to email me, you won my blog candy:) HUGS

Related Posts with Thumbnails