Friday, June 19, 2009

WSB Challenge and BBTB

I shouldn't be posting my project for the Whimsical Scraps & Bugs challenge this soon probably, but I wanted to make sure to get it up in plenty of time for the Bitten By The Bug challenge too! See, this time I combined several challenges at once for project we asked our WSB DT to create. We issued them an alphabet challenge - they had to create a project using the Cricut and the letter "S." I really enjoyed not only coming up with a project for the assigned challenge but combining it with the BBTB ShortCuts challenge and the Pile It On challenge.

The first project I did with the WSB goal in mind, the layout provided by BBTB/ShortCuts, and the non-stamped title/sentiment goal of Pile It On to create a layout of our son. The photo is of a recent trip we took to the Wichita Mtns. I then put the pic into Photoshop and desaturated some of the colors while leaving the flowers colored. I really love this effect!!!

I used the George cart for the flowers, for the title I used Opposites Attract and Beyond Birthdays, and for the butterfly I used Home Accents. All the paper is Making Memories, except for the black cardstock, which is Bazzill, and the black & white patterned paper, which is The Paper Studio. I inked the edges of the photo with black ink, used a white Sakura pen on the butterfly, and brads/skittles on the flower centers. The journaling tag is also Making Memories while the ribbon is Offray. The scalloped punch I used is by SU.

The second project I made is the Hello card, which actually pretty much matches the layout! This project is pretty much just for BBTB. This is the first time I have entered anything over there because all of their work is simply so amazing! The DT always blows my mind with their creativity! I really liked the colors I used on the layout so I decided to do something very similar for a second project. For the card, the same papers were used, except I only used the George cart for the flowers, and I used a Studio G stamp for the sentiment. The pink cardstock is Bazzill and I used Stazon ink in jet black, as well as pink skittles.

Please don't forget to check out all the wonderful projects the WSB DT will come up with for the alphabet challenge! All the projects will be posted Monday, along with our next challenge. For our new DT members this will be their first project for WSB and I just know they would love your comments. So, if you have moment, pop on over there Monday! And, don't forget to click on the links for the BBTB and the Pile It On sites too! Their sites are sooo awesome!

Happy Scrapping!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like your flowers!

-- dalis dTC for Pile It On!

Leanne said...

Shame, shame on you!! (just joking!!) this is a great layout! I liked that effect on the picture to! I need to learn to do that!! Love all the details and the card is also gorgeous!! Great job on both!! Have a fun weekend!!

Jenny said...

SOOOO beautiful!

Vickilyn said...

Love them both!! The black just pops!!

Thanks for playing with us at PILE IT ON!

~Vicki
Co-Owner Pile It On!

Regina Easter said...

wow these are both beautiful...great job

bethchien said...

Girl, you are sooo sweet! I just saw the comment you left for me on getting "jacked". lol
Thank you so much!!
And I love LOVE that black you added to those pastel colors. It really pops and looks very cool! Awesome layout and card.
Have a great afternoon! :D
B

Related Posts with Thumbnails