Sunday, October 10, 2010

Vintage Look Boo Banner - Spooky Findings Kit

Hi everyone! Hope you have all had a fabulous weekend...and a crafty one too! Sorry, I missed everyone last week, I wasn't feeling well, but I'm back again this week to show you this fun, vintage looking banner that you can create with the Tattered Angels Spooky Findings Kit! You can grab your kit right HERE in the Your Memories Here store!

First, I must say that I am absolutely in LOVE with this kit! The amount of products it came with & the very economical price very much impressed me. Tattered Angels did an amazing job on this kit & you cannot go wrong if you purchase it! It includes amazing & large clear stamps, a mask, 3 (1 oz) bottles of glimmer mist, crepe paper, 2 different types of ribbon, 2 different patterned papers, 6 sheets of quality cardstock in 3 colors, 3 tags, 4 square cardstock tags, decorative plastic spiders, & the super glam glimmer chips. Whew, I think I included everything! LOL! But seriously, it is A LOT of product & you can make numerous projects with it for an amazing price. And don't get locked in that it is only for Halloween...they are sooo many different types of projects you can do with this kit!!


For my project I started with 3 black tags that I used the mask on, as well as the Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist in Mimosa, Charcoal, & Key Lime that comes in the kit. I then used the included clear stamps, also called Screened Prints, for the spider/web, cat, & tree. I then added the cute little crepe paper skirt to the bottom of each tag & used some glimmer mist in pearl to jazz it up. I also inked the edges of each tag. Next, I used the charcoal glimmer mist to change the ribbon from creme to an aged black. Next I did the crepe paper rosettes. This crepe paper did not come in the kit & began its life as yellow...however, I whipped out the mimosa glimmer mist & made it a lovely shade of orange. I used my Cricut to cut the letters & then accented them with some Prima pearls. Of course, neither the pearls nor the Cricut (LOL!) come in the kit. But wouldn't it be awesome if they did!! hehehe! Now, my spooky little vintage banner is hanging on a fall shelf in my home!

This project really comes together quickly & is definitely a fairly easy one to conquer. The only part that takes awhile is the drying time, but if you figure out what you are going to glimmer mist & do it all at once, you can complete it fairly fast once it is all dry. I hope you pick up a Spooky Findings Kit for yourself in the YMH Store or simply try to make a lovely banner all your own! I would love to see it too! Until next week, Happy Craftin'!

3 comments:

laterg8r said...

love your boo banner, especially the fringy bottom - very spooky cool :D

thanks for visiting me while i was on my babymoon :D

Kristina said...

Oh gorgeous Crystal. You really showcased all the wonderful possibilities of this kit! I'm always eagerly anticipating what you'll come up with next :)

Hugs

Kelly Schelske said...

these are fabulous...you should enter the Dutch Dare challenge...it's Tagalicious!!

Hugs, Kelly

Related Posts with Thumbnails