Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Together Again...


There is a fabulous sketch up over at Sketchy Thursdays, as well as Creative Scrappers, that you must check out! When I looked at them, I pretty much knew what I wanted to do in combining them...which is one reason I love these sites so much. Not only do they provide amazing sketches, but they also give me great motivation & inspiration for my LO's! My favorite thing about the Sketchy Thursdays sketch were the patterned strips...which got me thinking that I wanted to use the same paper, but pop some of the strips up for dimension & a little variety. I loved the effect! It is definitely something I will do again for another LO because it looks great & is super easy to do.


And speaking of dimension, it was definitely a challenge to get the swirls to lay across those popped up paper strips. I did my best, but it still looks a little off to me even after spending quite a bit of time making them fit. Oh well, overall I really like the LO - especially since the photo features two of my besties & myself at a graduation party a few months ago. I picked the title because we all used to work together. Now, that I am no longer there we don't get to see each other as much, but when we do its just like old times! I always count a true friend as someone whom you can be away from for a long time, but always pick up right where you left off...like you never missed a beat. And that's how it is with them...we just instantly start sharing and laughing, and I wouldn't trade them for anything in the world! Not to mention they are both scrappers! Love ya girlies!


Supplies
Cardstock - Bazzill
Patterned Paper - Basic Grey
Tiny Type - Cosmo Cricket
Thickers - American Craft
Flowers - Reminisce, Offray, Prima
Swirls - Prima
Perfect Pearls - Ranger
Doilie - Wilton
Journaling Tag - Shabby Chic Crafts
Adhesive - Glue Glider Pro, Pop Dots, Aileen's Fast Grab Tacky Glue
Stash - Ribbon w/Buckle


Thanks so much for joining me again today! Your comments always mean a lot to me & I appreciate every single one of them. I don't always get around to everyone's blogs as much as I'd love to, but know that I still think of you & your fabulous crafty abilities! And in case I'm not back before then, make sure to check back Saturday for my next Fresh Brewed Designs GDT post. Until then, Big Hugs & Happy Craftin'!

I'm also entering my LO into the following fab challenges!
Sketchy Thursday - 9.8 Sketch
Creative Scrappers - Sketch # 172
ScrapFIT - Paper Strips
Basic Grey Challenges - Celebrations (celebrating friendship & a graduation!)
Inspire Me Fridays - Inspiration Link Party
True XoXo - Inspired by a Blog (inspired by kimmy's awesome LO w/a doilie!)
Tuesday Throwdown - Pearls

9 comments:

lisa said...

This is so pretty. I love scrapping with orange.
Thanks for playing along with ST!!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

This is GORGEOUS! I loveeeeeeeeee the colors and the flowers! Thanks sooooooooooo much for playing along with Sketchy Thursdays! :):):):):):):):):):):)

corrie said...

I really like the beaded swirls! And the orange background. Thanks for playing with Sketchy Thursdays!

Missy Whidden said...

Oooh! The colors are so pretty here...love the oranges! Thanks for joining us again at ScrapFIT!

Steph Lee (Arty Carty) said...

what a lovely layout and absolutely stunning embellishments - the flowers and pearls. Thanks for sharing this with us at Tuesday Throwdown.

Jess said...

wow! gorgeous layout...i always shy away from orange but now feel inspired to give it a try! tfs!

Michelle Hernandez said...

Hi Crystal!!! Just wanted to drop you a quick note about the Paper Issues blog hop. We have you as number one in the hop but your page hasn't posted yet. Can you reschedule to post right away? Thanks!!!! LOVE this project- it's so bright and cheerful!!!
Fellow PI teammie!

Scrappycath said...

Love your take on the sketch!

gracescraps@gmail.com said...

Simply gorgeous! Love the contrast of the black against the orange! Thanks for working out at ScrapFIT! ~ Blessings

http://gracescraps.blogspot.com/

Related Posts with Thumbnails