Wednesday, May 13, 2009

My Favorite Things - Challenge 16

Whew! This challenge was definitely that - a challenge! For challenge #16 over at Whimsical Scraps and Bugs, we asked the DT members to create a project of any type that answered the question of, "Why do you scrap?" The only requirement was to use their Cricut in some way on the project.

For this challenge, I decided to do something I had never done before - scrap without a photo. I have seen examples of this, as well as always read about it in my various scrap mags, but had never been courageous enough to try it. I really wanted to capture something different about why I scrap for this project, and decided to do a 12x12 layout.

I started out with an old book that I ripped the cover off of and just went from there. I made two vintage looking flowers out of some very old fabric I had laying around & some buttons. I also found a crocheted square that I believe my mother made years ago and just loved adding that element. Then, I just went crazy with doodling, splatter painting, stamping and writing.

The paper used was K&Co. from their Wild Saffron line. I also used some DCWV for the word, things, which I also cut with the Opposites Attract cartridge. I used black ink from StampCraft and the stamps are a variety of Making Memories, SU, and Studio G. The rub-ons are Color-bok and American Traditional Designs.

This layout was waaaayyy outside the box for me and not normally something I would've done, but I am glad I did it. I hope you all enjoy it and don't forget to check out the other projects, and our next challenge, over at Whimsical Scraps and Bugs!

Happy Scrapping!

3 comments:

Leanne said...

You did a great job on this layout! I like the style and arrangement of it. Great idea about using a old book and I love all the stamping! Miss hearing from you hope everything is going well! TFS!!

Unknown said...

Crystal, I LOVE this! Well done!

Mo

Enfys said...

Fantastic layout Crystal, I have looked, and looked again, and keep seeming more and more detail. I love the fact that you added the square your mum made. A real heirloom page.
luv
En x

Related Posts with Thumbnails