Thursday, May 7, 2009

Symbol of My Love


Hey Everyone! Sorry it has been a few days since I posted last! The whole family has not been feeling well and I was oh so lucky enough to get the worst of it, but thankfully I am starting to feel better and I wanted to get a layout up that I did a week or so ago of my dear hubby.

The pics are from our recent NASCAR trip to Texas Motor Speedways in April. The top one was taken in Grapevine at Bass Pro Shops and the bottom was while he was driving that morning and the sun was rising. He hates the top pic, but I like it and I love the bottom one!

My Cricut was involved in the making of this layout which is actually kind of rare for me! The base paper is by My Mind's Eye, while the other papers are by The Paper Studio and DCWV. The chipboard is American Crafts, which I distressed with coffee ink, & Basic Grey, which I painted black. I used SU Robin Hood Red ink to stamp the bird, which is Studio G. The flower is Petaloo and the pearl strand is by Wright. The chipboard button is DCWV and the rub-ons are Basic Grey and American Traditional Designs. I cut some letters out of a newspaper for part of the title and the little adhesive pearl in the center of the flower is from Target's $1 Spot. Not sure who makes the heart shaped brads since I got them in a swap. I used my Glue Glider Pro on this project as well as pop dots. I also used my SU scallop border punch on the side of the red vintage looking V-Day paper, but it didn't show up very well in the photo!

I really like how this layout turned out even if my hubby hates that particular photo of him. I hope you like it too!

Happy Scrapping!

2 comments:

bethchien said...

Sweet layout!
I hope you are having a good weekend! :D
B

michele said...

I think it's a great photo and page. Thank you for becoming a follower of my Extremely Crafty blog.

Related Posts with Thumbnails