Saturday, July 31, 2010

At Fifteen......

Hello everyone...I'm here with my very first post for Your Memories Here! I am so excited to be part of Kristina's new DT and feel blessed that she chose me to share my creations using her fabulous products! All of the new YMH DT members, plus a few familiar faces, will be posting this week so I hope you hop on over there for some fabulous inspiration from those crafty gals!

Today I wanted to share a layout with you that features mostly Prima products, and my son's beautiful girlfriend. She is a truly lovely young girl & I was inspired by a Taylor Swift song, Fifteen, & even included a lyric on the journaling card. The patterned paper, flowers, rose leaves, pearls, and lace ribbon are all by Prima & you can purchase them in the YMH store! I used some Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist to distress some vintage sheet music, as well as spritzing some on the journaling spot to add some character.

The title was cut using the Jasmine Cricut cartridge, while the journaling spot was cut using the Home Accents cartridge. The flower centers are some Dew Drops that have been glittered. The pink patterned paper is actually some leftover gift wrap that I simply used a border punch on to jazz it up! Then, I just finished up the layout with a few rub-ons! The lyric for the journaling reads, "This is life before you know who you're gonna be...." I thought it was pretty fitting and, even though it has been awhile since I was 15, I can still remember what it was like and how everything seemed so simple. Those were the good ol' days!

I do hope you'll visit the YMH DT each and every day this week to see what the rest of the DT creates for you, as well as check out the YMH store! It is a fabulous place to shop for all your crafty goodies! Kristina's prices are truly awesome...definitely cheaper than those big box retailers! Plus, her shipping is fast & reasonably priced. And, you can check me out on the YMH DT site (& here on my blog) every Sunday as that is when I will be sharing my crafty YMH projects! Happy Scrappin'!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails