Thursday, February 10, 2011

Cutie Patootie Paper Wreath!!


Happy Thursday crafty peeps! I was totally inspired earlier this week when I seen a post about these awesome paper wreaths. I instantly fell in love & knew I would be whipping up one right away! And not only is it easy peasy, it is uber cheap. As in it only cost me $1...yes, $1 - I had everything on hand but the 12" round foam wreath I picked up at my local $ Tree. Super cool, huh?! So, how do you whip up one of these bad boys for yourself? First, visit this amazing post HERE on Two Girls...Being Crafty for amazing inspiration! That is where I found myself totally falling in love. They actually have 2 tutorials for 2 different paper wreath styles & trust me, you'll want to check out both! Now, what you'll need to gather is:


5-6 sheets of double sided 12x12 patterned paper (i used Cosmo Cricket's Material Girl line)
Handy, dandy glue gun
12" foam wreath (you can always go bigger, just add more paper)
Ribbon (if you want to add a bow...)
Paper Trimmer
~ i also used my Glue Gun Pro to adhere the ends of paper together, but you can use your trusty glue gun! ~


So now you're ready to cut your paper! I cut each piece of paper into 1"x6" strips. After all that cutting, I used my Glue Gun Pro (love this gadget, so easy to use & no glue gun burns for me!) to adhere the end of each strip. Then, I simply started attaching them to my wreath form & added a bow (upcycled from a Christmas gift again!) when I finished. Again, visit Two Girls...Being Crafty's post HERE for a great instructional photo when it comes to attaching the pieces of paper to the wreath. I'm tellin' y'all, I love their web site...and that name is simple, to the point & adorable as they are! I'd love to see what you create using this idea too...leave me a link & I'll be sure to visit ya! I've also seen these wreaths made with recycled cards, magazines, & wrapping paper so this is definitely a great recycling/upcycling idea too. Now I have to go whip up some more of these bad boys!! Happy Craftin'!

I'm also linking up to the following linky parties...woo-hoo!





7 comments:

Tristin said...

Thanks so much for letting us know you made this--yours looks awesome! Mind if I post it on our site?
I like that you used longer strips of paper--it looks like you were able to really tuck in the glued ends and hid the really well with that extra length--you're on to something!

Crystal said...

i would be tickled pink if you showed it on your blog! and i'm glad you liked the longer strips...next time i may try wider & longer to see what effect i get. i'm on a wreath making frenzy...lol! hugs & thanks for making my day!

SPowell said...

Can you give me information on the Glue Gun Pro? I love the wreath.

Crystal said...

sure sue! here is the link to it: http://www.gluearts.com/
a friend got me mine for my b-day a couple years ago & they carry them at Hobby Lobby. perfect w/the 40% off coupon. & the refills i get at HL too...you get 3 carts that are $12 w/the coupon. i love mine & it really makes crafting easier. i also like it because it isn't so bulky & is easy to use. leaves a nice adhesive strip wherever you need! if you need anything else, just let me know! hugs!

Kimra said...

I totally want to make one of these! Thanks for the comment. I'm always pulling inspiration from paper scrappers so I'm your newest follower!

Tristin said...

Our latest post is showing off your gorgeous wreath, if you want to check it out! Thanks for sharing this with us!

Jarna said...

Stunning, I really like this unique project.

Related Posts with Thumbnails