Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Mini Christmas Album


This is the latest challenge for the blogspot that Cindy and I co-host together. Cindy had the terrific idea (she always comes up with such neat ones!) of doing a mini Christmas-themed album out of altered flash cards. I have to say it was fun. I have had a lot going on lately with our family's move into a new home that God blessed us with, but I enjoyed taking the time out of my day to sit down and make it. Besides, it was my very first project in my new scraproom!

I altered the flashcards using a variety of papers that included Making Memories, Paper Studio, Cloud Nine Design, My Mind's Eye and Bazzill. I then inked the edges of each page with coffee-colored ink for a distressed look. For the title and the bird on the front page, I used the Cricut Beyond Birthday cartridge. I also used a bit of bling, as required, on the bird by using red rhinestones near the tail. I punched holes in my corners, attached a jump ring, and then tied red, green, and white ribbons around the jump ring. The green and white ribbons were purchased at Michael's and the red sheer ribbon was purchased at Hobby Lobby.

Make sure to check out our blog, www.whimsicalscrapsandbugs.blogspot.com, to see all the Design Team creations for the Mini Christmas Album challenge. Also, check out what our next challenge will be and join us! It is always fun to take on a new challenge and have fun!

Happy Scrapping!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails