Monday, September 14, 2009

Creative Twist Fruit Challenge - So Berry Sweet

The latest Creative Twist DT challenge was to incorporate fruit into your project some how...be it in the form of your title or embellies, whatever worked best. I have to say that I honestly look forward to Christina's challenges for us each week as I never know what she is going to come up with! She always thinks of fun, outside the box ideas and I am just loving that I get to be a part of that and such a creative team!

This particular layout is of my nephew, Drake, at his birthday party last weekend. I was going to use these photos for my first official layout as a Scrapsketch DT member, but have something else up my sleeve instead! LOL! I just thought these photos would work so well with this challenge! He is such a sweet little guy and is so funny! He will do anything for a laugh and just cracks us up all the time. He is also into karate right now and is pretty darn good, he can do the splits, so the little card he is holding up is one I made with a karate monkey image I had! He just loved it!I first have to say that the layout is inspired by Scrapsketch #139. The background paper I used for this layout is We R Memory Keepers. The rest of the paper is Reminiscence, Daisy D's, SU, Making Memories, and Bazzill. I used my Cricut Indie Art and Mini Monograms carts for the strawberry, title, and journaling space. I also used lots of stickles, Studio G ink for distressing, lots of pop dots, and Making Memories Brads. Inside each little "seed" on the strawberry I filled it in with red stickles, but it didn't show up that great on the photo unfortunately. It looks pretty cute in person though!

I am also sorry that the photos are not the greatest either! It has been raining here for days and the light just sucks so I can't get a decent photo outside anywhere. I took these inside and am not totally thrilled with them. Hope it stops raining soon!

I hope you take the time to hop on over to the Creative Twist site and see all the wonderful creations the rest of the DT came up with! Also, if you participate in the challenges you will have an opportunity to win a gift card! How cool is that! Happy Scrapping!


"A Proud member of The Lime Light. Click on over to see what we are doing."

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

this is too cute and I love the prompt! way to go Crystal!

Sammye Jo said...

I LOVE all the details! It looks great!!!

Sandy said...

Crystal...great job on the layout and the sketch...you did a wonderful job with the challenge...I love them too...already thinking about the next one....LOL!

BrendaB said...

Cute page! I love the stickles on the strawberries!

Related Posts with Thumbnails