Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Every Day

I finally conquered one of my scrappin' fears....an 8.5x11 layout! Yay! I see so many cool layouts in this size and finally got the courage to do one myself. I like how it turned out for my first one too! And, this is the first time in a little while that I have done a layout without a sketch. Everyone knows I love sketches, but letting your mojo flow is fab too!

The photo was taken last week while I was sitting in traffic driving home at rush hour. This is my daily commute. UGH! For some reason I decided to pull out my camera and snap a pic, despite the odd stares from a few drivers! LOL! I get sooooo tired of dealing with this on a daily basis but there is not much I can do about it. I work an easy 30 minutes from home....in good traffic. My morning drive is usually not this bad, but evenings are always crazy. I totally identify with the song, How Far We've Come, by Matchbox Twenty. I like to listen to the part about sitting in traffic...when I am sitting in traffic. hehehe If you haven't ever heard it, take a listen to it HERE.

Most of the products I used are Reminiscence. I won a small kit when I went to a crop at my LSS quite awhile back and finally decided to use it. I also used some thickers and some random letter stickers from my stash. The black chipboard arrow is also from my stash and I inked the edges of the papers with StampCraft black ink. I also used a Uniball Vision Elite black pen (my fav for journaling and such) to draw all the lines, the circle and to journal. Thanks for taking a look and I hope you like my first stab at this size! It is pretty simple but I kind of like that too. And although it was cloudy, at least it wasn't raining again and I got outdoors to take my pics! I do love rain, but not so much when it interferes with my scrappy photos! LOL! Happy Scrapping!


"A Proud member of The Lime Light. Click on over to see what we are doing."

3 comments:

Leanne said...

Hey girl!! This is a cool layout! What a great idea to scrap!! I need to scrap more from my daily life (seems like I'm always working on the past!!) I love how you think outside the box! I missed talking with you to but I understand just know I'm here if you need me and I'll be praying! I've got to get back to supper but I seen this and had to comment!! I love it! You rock!!!

Steph said...

Great LO, and I love pages like this..... scrapping every day life things. Great idea!!

BrendaB said...

I think this is such a great idea, to scrap these parts of our everyday lives!

Related Posts with Thumbnails