Wednesday, September 9, 2009

WSB Ad Inspiration Challenge

Cindy assigned an ad inspiration for the Whimsical Scraps and Bugs DT to work on. It was definitely a challenge as it took me a little while to decide what I wanted to do, and I ended up making a card that strayed a little bit from what I normally would do.

I am not a totally lovin' pink kind of a gal. I like it but don't use it a lot, which is saying a lot for me as I used to despise the color pink up until several years ago. However, as of late, I have been incorporating it more into my projects and really trying to stretch myself to explore its different shades. I also did a party invitation style card for this challenge, which is out of my normal zone too. It just kinda came together that way as I was wanting to use the canvas stickers that Cindy had sent me during a Cricut swap sometime ago. It just evolved from there and I may have an idea up my little sleeve now too!

For the card I used patterned paper by Daisy D's, Autumn Leaves and The Paper Studio. The stamps are Studio G, the ink is SU, and I also used my Stickles for the cherries. The canvas stickers are Scrapbook Inspirables by EK Success. I just love these and the dimension they add to a project! I used some StampCraft ink for distressing, the ribbon is from Michael's and I the button is from my stash and I just sewed it on.

Make sure you hop on over to WSB and check out some of the other cool projects the DT came up with. Also, you will definitely want to keep up with the blog on a regular basis. WSB's blogiversary is coming up soon and Cindy has some fabulous stuff planned, including our first ever blog hop! And, definitely check out the new challenge she just posted. We would love to see you play along with us to possibly earn a GDT spot or some yummy candy! Happy Scrapping!

"A Proud member of The Lime Light. Click on over to see what we are doing."

5 comments:

bethchien said...

OOOO THAT IS A GORGEOUS CARD!

Leah said...

Such a fun pretty card! Love it:)

Anonymous said...

I'm not a huge fan of pink either, but I LOVE this card! See you will do fine in my circle journal! Lovin' me those cupcakes!

Leanne said...

Oooo I love this! Them cupcakes look yumo!!! Sorry I'm just now getting over here I'm still working on paper bag albums!! I know, I know I'm slow as Christmas with these things but I am seeing the light at the end of the tunnel! I tried calling last night but didn't get a answer! Maybe we can catch up soon! Love ya, Leanne

Christina & Steph said...

Love this card. It makes me want cupcakes :o)

Related Posts with Thumbnails