Monday, January 12, 2009

Challenge #7


It's that time again and here is my design for the blogspot Cindy and I host, Whimsical Scraps and Bugs. For this particular project we challenged our DT members to create a layout using a particular Page Map from www.pagemaps.com.

For this project I decided to use some photos of our son and my husband's parents, his Neena and Papaw, at Christmas a few weeks ago. I wanted to do something a little non-traditional for a Christmas-themed layout, hence the color combos. Probably my fav thing about this layout is that I was able to incorporate the ribbon from one of his presents into the layout.

I used my Cricut and the George cartridge to cut the triangle shapes for the Christmas trees, as well as Home Accents for the journaling tag and Opposites Attract for the title. Products used included Bazzill cardstock, My Mind's Eye & American Crafts paper, Queen & Co. felt flower trim, Making Memories brads, Prima flowers, Basic Grey rub-ons, skittles, pop dots & a white Sakura jelly roll pen for the journaling.

By the way, Whimsical Scraps & Bugs is hosting Round 3 of Design Team submissions. Hop on over to our blog and check it out. We would love for everyone to participate in our next challenge, which is a Valentine's Day theme, and submit your projects to us. We love to see all the wonderful talent that is present in our scrapbooking community!!

Happy Scrapping!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails