Sunday, November 7, 2010

Kusudama flower tutorial w/matching corner bookmark!

Hello again everyone! Hope you are having an amazing Sunday...we are driving down to Texas Motor Speedway today for some family fun! This week I decided to share my first tutorial for Your Memories Here...a kusudama flower. I happened upon these origami flowers through the web & fell in love with them! I decided to attach the flower to a super easy-to-make corner bookmark, which comes in very handy because I am an avid reader. I also think this would make a lovely gift, especially if it accompanied a book to a special person!

1. Gather your supplies: five 2 1/2 squares of double sided paper, distress ink, & quick grab glue.
2. Ink edges of your paper.
3. Follow the folding directions above. There are some awesome video tutorials via Google too!
4. After you finish your 1st petal, complete 4 more w/the remaining squares.
5. Using the quick grab glue, adhere the petals together to form a flower.
6. Glue your ribbon through the bottom & add a button in center for a more decorative finish.
7. Attach pearl (or bling) to center of button if desired
8. Make corner bookmark & attach other end of ribbon to top corner, covering seam.
9. You can give as a gift w/a book or keep for yourself. Either way, enjoy your lovely creation!

All of the products I used here (except the rub-ons, gingham ribbon, & vintage button,) are from the Your Memories Here Store. All of the paper, ribbon & pearls are Prima & can be found HERE in the YMH Store! I just adore Prima products & love how this project turned out. To make things easier I also used my Cricut to cut the squares, but you could also use a punch. I hope you give the kusudama flowers a try...they are very versatile for crafting. If you have any questions about the tutorial, feel free to visit my blog HERE & send me an email. I would be more than happy to help out in any way! Until next week, Happy Craftin'!

I'm also entering my project into the Etsy Inspired Challenge this week...such a great site to check out!!

EIC - Inspired by Putu Princess Esape's Lily Pond Organic Tee

4 comments:

SmilynStef said...

I've always wanted to try those flowers ... what a fantastic Etsy Inspired project.

de said...

Love the tutorial for that amazing flower! And perfect for the bookmark!

Thanks for playing EtsyInspired this week!

Virginia L. said...

Thank you for the tutorial! I am inspired to try it out now!! Love your book mark and the lace adds such perfect touch to it!Thanks for playing Etsy Inspired challenge this week! Hope to see more of your work!

Queenie said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE this amazing paper-crafted project!! It's soooo creative and fresh, and I totally love the flower. Thanks soooo much for the terrific tutorial! Thanks for playing EIC this week!

Related Posts with Thumbnails