Thursday, March 5, 2009

Two of a Kind

I promised some more layouts using my new DCWV Green Stack and here is another one. I am having so much fun playing with this paper! It is inspiring to get some more scrapping done and it is a relief to feel like you are maybe catching up just a little! Don't you think so?

This is another set of photos from Thanksgiving a few months ago. These are of our son and our nephew, Drake. Isn't he a cutie! They both are adorable boys and such great friends too! The sketch for the layout again came from Scrapbook Answers (one of my fav mags!) The flowers on the layout are a mix of Primas, Making Memories and foam flowers cut with my Cricut. Now, here is the deal. I had heard that you could cut foam easily with the Cricut. However, as is usally my luck, that wan't the case for me. It did not cut throug the foam so I may have to use the deep cut blade and housing. What it did do was partially cut it enough for me to finish trimming it out myself with scissors. Worked for me. Loved the resulting effect! I used the George cart for the flowers. I used threaded buttons and skittles for the centers, and also pop dotted some for a 3-D effect. The title is the combo of the Opposites Attract and George carts, while the rub ons I used were by Making Memories, too, I think. The ribbon is from Michael's and the chipboard arrow is DCWV, while the brads are Making Memories.

Hopefully I will have the time to do at least two more layouts this week using this stack. That is my goal at least!! LOL

Happy Scrapping!

2 comments:

craftaddict said...

Hi SS, love your foam flowers. I will have to try that. Hope all well with you.
eileen

Enfys said...

This is a fab layout crystal, I have never even thought of cutting foam (until now!). I really like the way the flowers meander down the page
hugs
Enfys xx

Related Posts with Thumbnails