Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Challenge #6



I always look forward to doing the challenges for the Whimsical Scraps and Bugs blogspot that Cindy and I host, but
this one I think I have enjoyed the most! Cindy LOVES snowflakes so I wasn't surprised when she picked this for our challenge. We had to create a layout using a snowflake(s) cut from a Cricut cartridge. The result is what is currently my fav layout I have probably ever done, and let me tell ya, I have more than a few favs!

I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this photo of our fur baby Sid so he got to be the focus of this layout. I used Home Accents to cut all of the blue snowflakes. They were actually labeled as flowers, but can easily be used as a variety of shapes. LOVE THIS CARTRIDGE! The Wishes title was cut using the Opposites Attract cartridge. The white snowflakes are from a Cut RAK I did on the Cricut MB. VJBeads cut the white snowflake borders from Stretch Your Imagination for me and they ended up being perfect for this layout. Thanks Victoria!!

All papers used were by Hobby Lobby's The Paper Studio. I can't remember the brand of stamps I used, but they were foam ones and I used some blue ink I had picked up at Target's Dollar Spot awhile back. You can't see it very well in the photo, but each snowflake also has a bit of bling on it in the form of a rhinestone. The rik rak ribbon came from Michael's I believe and the white stripe is a Sakura jelly pen. And by the way, God Bless the creator of pop dots - I wouldn't know what to do without them!

If you get a chance, hop on over to our site at www.whimsicalscrapsandbugs.blogspot.com by clicking the link at the bottom of the page. There are some really beautiful layouts the design team did for this challenge. Also, check out our next challenge and join along. We would love to see what everyone comes up with!

Happy Scrapping!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails