Sunday, August 30, 2009

Cards for Soldiers

I am completely loving being on The Lime Light DT! Having the opportunity to do so much for others with my hobby is so rewarding and I feel so blessed to have this chance.

Task 10 for DT members was to create at least 15 cards for soldiers that are going to be mailed off by the fabulous Leah, who will then see the cards are sent off to a particular group. I really enjoyed making the cards for all the men and women that are serving our country proudly! It is really an honor to be able to know that I contributed somehow!

I made a variety of cards that included a 5 card happy birthday set to love, thanks, & thinking of you sentiments. I also used a TON of products for the cards! I used mostly SU & Studio G for the sentiments. The paper included Bazzill, The Paper Studio, DCWV, American Crafts, Daisy D's, K&Co., and Autumn Leaves. I used my watercolor pencils on the some of the images and the ink for the stamps was Staz On, SU, or Studio G. I used my Cuttlebug Swiss Dots & Birds and Swirls folders. I used my Mini Monograms cart for all the scalloped & regular circles. I also used George some for the flower, diamond, and ovals on the monkey card. All the embellies on the birthday set are stickers from my stash that I put on chipboard and then cut out. The ribbon is mostly Target, American Craft, and Michael's. Flowers are Prima and the bling is by Studio G I believe.

My absolute fav card is the yellow butterfly! I just loved how it turned out & almost kept it for myself! hehe! And, the card was also inspired by the terrific Leanne! She did a similar card awhile back and I absolutely loved it! She is inspirational! I also loved the cherry cards too and I really liked how the fall card turned out as well! For our next task, we are again doing the cards for soldiers. If you would like to contribute in some way, we would love for you to do so! This is such worthy cause and so rewarding!

"A Proud member of The Lime Light. Click on over to see what we are doing."

5 comments:

Sandy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sandy said...

These cards are amazing...what an awesome gift of yourself and your talent...they will be much appreciated...they are all fab...I esp love love love the butterfly!

BrendaB said...

Wow, Crystal, those cards are fabulous! I'm with you - the yellow butterfly one is my favorite!

Steph said...

Great cards!!!!!! I love them all! That butterfly just is terrific!

Leanne said...

WOW!!! These are ALL pretty!! You have been super duper busy! (No wonder I didn't hear from you this past weekend hee hee) This is such a great thing you are doing. I'm sure the soldiers will really appreciate these cards! You are such a sweet and special person! I think the world of ya!

Related Posts with Thumbnails