Monday, August 24, 2009

Creative Twist Upside Down/Inside Out Challenge

The challenge Christina at Creative Twist gave us DT members this week was to create something upside down or inside out. As soon as I heard the challenge I knew what I wanted to do!I got this cute little monkey online - just found him through Google and thought he was adorable! I colored him using my watercolor pencils before I cut him out, and placed him on some blue background, which I cut again. I pop dotted the balloon to give it extra dimension. The paper used in this project is DCWV and Bazzill cardstock. The ribbon is American Crafts and the sentiment is Studio G. I also used George to cut the diamond shapes which I also pop dotted, as well as to cut the flower and oval shapes.

Making this card was so much fun and I hope you take the time to pop on over to Creative Twist and see all the other DT creations! They are all a very talented group of people. I also hope you take the plunge and join us in this week's challenge - it would be so much fun to see your take on it too! Happy Scrapping!



"A Proud member of The Lime Light. Click on over to see what we are doing."

5 comments:

Leanne said...

Hey girl! Hope your weekend was good and that you got you some r&r! This card is adorable! That monkey is just wayyy to cute and I love the diamond cuts behind him!! I enjoyed getting to talk with you this weekend and hope we can chat again real soon!!!

Sammye Jo said...

What a cute monkey! I love it! I call my little guy "monkey" all the time, so they hold a special place in my heart, lol! Great job!!!

Alicia said...

Love the monkey card!

Leah said...

This is so cute! You did a fabulous job on coloring him, he is just too cute with that balloon. Great card!

BrendaB said...

That is such a cute card! I love the diamond diecut behind the little monkey - it really makes him stand out!

Related Posts with Thumbnails