Tuesday, August 4, 2009

The Perfect Spot - WSB Challenge 22

The latest Whimsical Scraps & Bugs challenge was a vintage ad inspiration. The challenge was definitely...well, a challenge! I loved the ad and the inspiration, but it wasn't easy deciding what I wanted to do! In the end I decided to focus on the colors in the ad. If you want to check out the ad for yourself, which is quite cool, head on over to the WSB site now! While you are there you can also check out all the amazing projects the DT came up with - I must say I was impressed with the amazing quality the team produced. Some very gorgeous projects were definitely created for this challenge!

As I have been lately (because they are soooo awesome!) I used sketch #133 from Scrapsketch & flipped it on its side. I love Stephanie's sketches as they are so contemporary and inspire me to create. Please check out both her private blog and Scrapsketch for some awesome inspiration!


These particular photos are from our trip to the Wichita Mtns. over Memorial Day weekend. We took a picnic lunch and was driving around to find a spot to eat when we seen this place. It was absolutely perfect! The prairie grass, lake, mtns., flowers, the cool breeze blowing in...we couldn't have asked for more. It was so wonderful to just throw our blanket down and enjoy some lunch while admiring God's gorgeous scenery. And, we got to watch quite a show as a thunderstorm moved across the wildlife refuge and we could see it rolling in...lightening and all.


For this layout the majority of the papers are from the DCWV Green Stack. However, the journaling tag I made is Bazzill, & the flowers are from K&Co. & Autumn Leaves paper. The "perfect" is Thickers and the rest of the title I used the Opposites Attract and Mini Mongrams carts for. Oh, and that paper is The Paper Studio. The brads are by Special Moments & I used a white Sakura jelly roll pen for the journaling.

Make sure to hop on over to WSB if you get a chance and check out the DT's work. And leave us a comment as well - we would love to hear what you think! The new challenge, based on some rockin' colors, is posted and we would love to have you play along. If you would like to be a guest designer for the site, just complete the current challenge and email it to the addy listed on WSB. If you are chosen as a guest designer, you will get some yummy candy! Happy Scrapping!

"A Proud member of The Lime Light. Click on over to see what we are doing."

5 comments:

Leanne said...

Not only is it the perfect place it's a perfect layout! I love those flowers (I have got to try them soon!!) This is a awesome layout and I to love Stephanie's sketches!! Talk with ya soon!

Leah said...

Lovely LO! The colors and that flower are great. I so need to get back to scrapping...so much crafting so little time *lol*

Anonymous said...

great layout... very nice work

bethchien said...

I love the the layout! And yes!!! I did rent it!! I haven't watched it yet, though.
May just have to do that tonight. :D
B

merryheart2 said...

great layout.
i love the pattern paper and the flowers. great design.

Related Posts with Thumbnails