Monday, August 17, 2009

Creative Twist Fold Challenge - A Vintage Card

The challenge for this week that is up over at Creative Twist is to incorporate folds into your project somehow. The other DT members really rocked it out and came up with some awesome projects & I am so honored to be a part of this team! Thanks again Christina!

For my card, I decided to do a vintage theme as I have been inspired lately by so many vintage products and projects. I am even working on a vintage circle journal & promise to post a peek later since I was able to finish the cover over the weekend. The vintage patterned paper for the card is Daisy D's, the music paper is The Paper Studio, and the folded paper is Miss Elizabeth. I just used a SU rolling leaf stamp on it. The tag is from my stash, as are the button and the keys, which are actually stickers that I put on chipboard and cut out before inking them with Stazon. The paper is distressed with coffee color ink from StampCraft. The sentiment is from SU. I was kinda overwhelmed by how much vintage inspired products I had, most from a kit a friend had given me for my birthday. Oh, and that vintage table I used for a background is also an upcoming project! My MIL gave it to me & I desperately need to re-finish it!

I hope you like my first challenge for Creative Twist & hope you check out the site too! I will try to post again later today with my WSB challenge. What I thought would be an easy challenge has got me against a wall! I love color challenges, and I already have the photo & paper & everything picked out for the layout, I am just having a horrible time putting it together! Total block! So after work, dinner, and open house at our son's school tonight, I am hoping to lock myself in my scrap room and finish up! Happy Scrapping!


"A Proud member of The Lime Light. Click on over to see what we are doing."

3 comments:

Leanne said...

Crystal I love it! I love the vintage look! The card is amazing! Looks like you rocked this challenge to!!

Anonymous said...

Wow! What a gorgeous card!

Steph said...

Beautiful card!! I just love it! So glad to be on another team with you at Creative Twist!! :]

Related Posts with Thumbnails